Management of Health Information
Busby Medical Practice needs to collect personal information on each patient for the primary purpose of providing quality health care. This information may be used for:
- administrative purposes in running the Practice
- billing purposes, including complianc with Medicare Australia requirements
- disclosure to others involved in your health care, including treating doctors and specialists outside this Practice. This ma occur through referral to other Doctors or the medical tests and in the reports or results returned to us following referrals.
- contacting your for the purposes of recalls, reminders, health and Practice information. I understand I can opt out of this if I wish.
- in-house teaching, Practice Accreditation and provision of information technology
- research purposes having all identifiers removed to maintain anonymity.
We would like you to understand:
- all Practice staff have signed confidentiality agreements as they may need to handle my medical information from time to time
- the Practice holds personal information securely, whether it be in electronic or hard copy format
- the Practice will not disclose personal information to anyone outside Australia without patient consent
- the exceptions to disclose without patient consent are the the information is:
- Required by law,
- Necessary to lessen or prevent a serious threat to a patient's life, health or safety or public health or safety, or it is impractical to obtain the patient's consent
- To assist in locating a missing person
- To establish, exercise or defend an equitable claim
- For the purpose of a confidential dispute resolution process
- access to my medical record requires written request and an appointment with a Doctor
- a copy of medical record to another clinic or personally may incur a fee. The request for medical history will not be processed until any outstanding accounts are paid in full.